Dear AMPAS: FF2 Associate Katusha Jin asks you to consider these nine films by women writers &/or directors for Oscar nominations next month.
Katusha’s Favorite Feature Films of 2017
- Pop Aye (written & directed by Kristen Tan)
- Beach Rats (written & directed by Eliza Hittman)
- Tommy’s Honour (written by Pamela Marin & Kevin Cook, Directed by Jason Connery)
Katusha’s Favorite Documentary Films of 2017
- Unrest (film by Jennifer Brea)
- Rebels on Pointe (film by Bobbi Jo Hart)
- Heal (film by Kelly Noonan Gores)
Katusha’s Favorite Foreign Language Films of 2017
- No Dress Code Required from Mexico (By Cristina Herrera Borquez)
- After Love from Belgium/France (Written By Fanny Burdino and Mazarine Pingeot
- False Confessions from France (By Luc Bondy & Marie-Louise Bischofberger)
Top Photo From Unrest: Jennifer Brea and Omar Wasow on their bed surrounded by pills.
Photo Credits: Jason Frank Rothenberg and Shella Films