Currently Browsing: Nanfu Wang
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that 15 films (out of the 145 films submitted) in the Documentary Feature category will advance in the voting process for the 89th Academy Awards®. Our FF2 Media has screened and reviewed each documentary by a female filmmaker.
Congratulations to Cameraperson (Kirsten Johnson, Big Mouth Productions), Hooligan Sparrow (Nanfu Wang, Little Horse Crossing the River), 13th (Ava DuVernay, Forward Movement) and Weiner (Elyse Steinberg, Edgeline Films).… read more.
FF2 Intern Rachel Kastner asks you to consider these six films by women writers &/or directors (from the full list of films released in NYC theatres in 2016). Note that this list was created in November & will be updated after December 31, 2016.
My Favorite Feature Films of 2016 (2)
- American Honey (Writer and Director Andrea Arnold)
- Maggie’s Plan (Writer and Director Rebecca Miller)
My Favorite Documentary Films of 2016 (2)
- A Tale of Love and Darkness (Writer and Director Natalie Portman)
- Sand Storm (Writer and Director Elite Zexer)
My Favorite Foreign Language Films of 2016 (2)
- Hooligan Sparrow (Writer and Director Nanfu Wang)
- Equal Means Equal (Director Kamala Lopez and Writers Kamala Lopez and Gini Sikes)
Women Documentarians Reveal Injustice and Hope at the Human Rights Watch Film Festival
By Nora Lee Mandel http://MavensNest.net/movies.html
I used to think of the Human Rights Watch Film Festival as “The Depressing Festival” in coverage over the past nine years. But the programmers more and more balance artistic merit with the sponsoring NGO Human Rights Watch’s exposés of terrible injustices around the world, and even, sometimes, give the audience hope. … read more.