Currently Browsing: Naomi Kawase
FF2 Intern Amelie Lasker asks you to consider these seven films by women writers &/or directors (from the full list of films released in NYC theatres in 2016). Note that this list was created in November & will be updated after December 31, 2016.
My Favorite Feature Films of 2016 (2)
- American Honey (Writer and Director Andrea Arnold)
- Mia Madre (Writer Valia Santella)
My Favorite Documentary Films of 2016 (2)
- They Will Have to Kill Us First (Director Johanna Schwartz)
- Here Come the Videofreex (Director Jenny Raskin)
My Favorite Foreign Language Films of 2016 (3)
- L’Attesa (Writer Ilaria Macchia)
- In the Shadow of Women (Writers Caroline Deruas-Garrel and Arlette Langmann)
- Sweet Bean (Writer and Director Naomi Kawase)
Photo: Manon and Pierre look at some of their documentary footage.… read more.
AMPAS ADDS WOMEN DIRECTORS: With our commitment to reviewing all new releases written and/or directed by women, FF2 Media now plays an important role in breaking down barriers. AMPAS invited 683 new members this year, 49 of whom are female directors. Who are they? What are their stories? We already know them, and we are here to tell you!… read more.