Currently Browsing: Oscars 2017
Dear AMPAS: FF2 Intern Amelie Lasker asks you to consider these nine films by women writers &/or directors for Oscar nominations next month.
Amelie’s Favorite Feature Films of 2017
- Lady Macbeth (written by Alice Birch)
- Lady Bird (written and directed by Greta Gerwig)
- The Big Sick (written by Emily V.
Dear AMPAS: FF2 Associate Katusha Jin asks you to consider these nine films by women writers &/or directors for Oscar nominations next month.
Katusha’s Favorite Feature Films of 2017
- Pop Aye (written & directed by Kristen Tan)
- Beach Rats (written & directed by Eliza Hittman)
- Tommy’s Honour (written by Pamela Marin & Kevin Cook, Directed by Jason Connery)
Katusha’s Favorite Documentary Films of 2017
- Unrest (film by Jennifer Brea)
- Rebels on Pointe (film by Bobbi Jo Hart)
- Heal (film by Kelly Noonan Gores)
Katusha’s Favorite Foreign Language Films of 2017
- No Dress Code Required from Mexico (By Cristina Herrera Borquez)
- After Love from Belgium/France (Written By Fanny Burdino and Mazarine Pingeot
- False Confessions from France (By Luc Bondy & Marie-Louise Bischofberger)
Top Photo From Unrest: Jennifer Brea and Omar Wasow on their bed surrounded by pills.… read more.
Dear AMPAS: FF2 Media Managing Editor asks you to consider these nine films by women writers &/or directors for Oscar nominations next month.
Brigid’s Favorite Feature Films of 2017
- Their Finest (written by Gaby Chiappe & directed by Lone Scherfig)
- Lady Bird (written & directed by Greta Gerwig)
- The Big Sick (co-written by Emily V.
The Gene Siskel Film Center held the 89th Academy Awards Nominations Panel on January 24, 2017 in Chicago. The hour-long event included J.R. Jones of the Chicago Reader, Pamela Powell of The Daily Journal, Sergio Mims of Shadow & Act, Ray Pride of New City and Dean Richards of WGN-Radio. Moderator Alison Cuddy began the panel with a warning, “If you’re coming for a civilized conversation on the joys of film that’s not what’s on deck.”… read more.
Dear Cinephiles: It’s time to think about short lists for the 89th annual OscarBowl on February 26, 2017.
Backlash from the 2016 Oscar snubs sparked our merit-based Make Oscars Gold campaign, a combination of #OscarsSoWhite (lack of minorities) and #StopBlueOscar (lack of women). If Oscar wants to be “gold” = merit-based, then everyone should have an equal chance of success.… read more.
Dear AMPAS: FF2 Editor-in-Chief Jan Lisa Huttner asks you to consider these fourteen films by women writers &/or directors (from the full list of films released in NYC theatres in 2016) for Oscar nominations next month.
(Note that this list is dated 12/1/16 & will be updated after 12/31/16.)
Jan’s Favorite Feature Films of 2016 (Yes!… read more.