Currently Browsing: Peier Tracy Shen
By Senior Contributor Stephanie A. Taylor
Bassist/songwriter Gabriel Roth discovered Sharon Jones sound in 1996, a sound that oozed with the gooey goodness of vintage soul, blues and funk of the 1970s. With musical influences ranging from James Brown and Tina Turner to Aretha Franklin and Motown, Sharon Jones recorded a solo track “Switchblade,” a song that had originally been intended for a man to record, and the Dap-Kings were formed.… read more.
FF2 Intern Peier Tracy Shen asks you to consider these six films by women writers &/or directors (from the full list of films released in NYC theatres in 2016). Note that this list was created in November & will be updated after December 31, 2016.
My Favorite Feature Films of 2016 (2)
- American Honey (Director Andrea Arnold)
- Certain Women (Director Kelly Reichardt)
My Favorite Documentary Films of 2016 (2)
- Cameraperson (Director Kirsten Johnson)
- Olympic Pride, American Prejudice (Director Deborah Riley Draper)
My Favorite Foreign Language Films of 2016 (2)
- Chevalier (Athina Tsangari)
- The Innocents (Anne Fontaine)
Photo: “Krystal” (Riley Keough) and her recruits in American Honey. … read more.